We are looking for a self motivated Handyman – Finish Carpenter to join our team. This position is responsible for maintenance maintaining, building out and finish work at our locations. Various projects to be assigned and candidate must be able to work independently, evaluate a project and procure the necessary items for completion.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions:
- Accurately measure, cut, and shape lumber, wood, and other building materials
- Set and/or frame floor and roof trusses
- Install drywall, tape and mud
- Perform carpentry duties, including both rough and finish carpentry
- Attach building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts
- Erect temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists
- Perform cleanup of job sites by clearing away debris and waste
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines
- Ready to learn new tasks through on-the-job training when necessary
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards
- Load or unload construction materials
- Maintain safe and clean job sites by handling & storing materials properly.
- Set door frames, doors, and hardware
- Install interior millwork
- Installation of cabinetry
- Install flooring
- Framing metal/wood
- Drop ceiling grid and tile
- Minor remodeling
- Ability and competency to take photos and submit progress as needed
- Minor plumbing and electrical maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Attention to detail
- Follow simple to complex procedures and standard
- Ability to lift, push, pull 70+ pounds, climb heavy equipment, and bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time
Construction Experience: 2 years