Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over the past 30 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
The Low Voltage Electrician is responsible for installing and maintaining wide variety of company security systems, security cameras, audio/visual systems, LAN cabling on primarily commercial buy, and some minor residential systems.
Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the basic wiring and installation of hardware used in fire alarm and security systems.
- Responsible for the operation of cable testing equipment to ensure system performance
- Plan and initiate projects
- Install, terminate, and test wires and cables, both copper and fiber-optic
- Layout, install and verify operation of security and access control systems
- Meet installation deadlines
- Responsible for reaching and interpreting wiring diagram schematics and blueprints
- Full compliance with company’s safety program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma Required
- 2-5 years of low voltage experience
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role):
- Extremely detail oriented, highly organized, neat, work well under deadlines, and proficient in follow through.
- Works courteously and professionally with all customers and potential customers, employees, subcontractors, vendors, and customers with their needs and requirements
- Attention to detail
- Great listening skills
- Quality control analysis
This Job is Ideal For Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment