Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over 35 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
Project managers at Building Restoration Corporation communicate with clients efficiently, lead and organize multiple crews and companies through projects, and track projects through completion. A successful Project Manager will be able to balance and juggle multiple projects at once and maintain clear communication with many clients seamlessly. They will also have great knowledge of the industry and operations in order to foresee project hurdles to overcome and unseen expenses that may occur.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales and Customer Service: Works with existing customer base and identifies new customers in order to develop business partnerships and future contract consideration. Represents BRC’s image and reputation for customer service at all times.
- Building Evaluation: Evaluates existing buildings for deterioration and water infiltration problems. Measures, photographs, and documents the building conditions. Develops repair plan and work scope. Communicates what is wrong with the building, how it got that way, and why BRC is the company to fix it.
- Bidding: Meets with building owners, property managers, architects and engineers. Attends pre-bid meetings; Calculates quantities and cost pricing for repair projects. Prepares project proposals for presentation to buyers.
- Project Oversight: Manages construction process by direct communication with superintendents, foreman, and customers. Schedules employee and subcontractor work crews. Visits the job sites and implements procedures to ensure that the work meets quality standards, safety requirements, and customer expectations.
- Billing and Project Accounting: Prepares invoices and follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction and timely receipt.
- Legal Compliance: Reviews and negotiates contracts, and remains vigilant in the accuracy and applicability of contractual agreements. Remains up to date with and manages compliance of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting contracts and workplace safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors Degree in related professional qualification (i.e marketing, communications, ect.) and or construction management certification.
2-3 years of past experience (labor or management) in the construction/engineering industry.
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role)
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Ability to negotiate during the bid process and throughout the project
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to balance the workload of simultaneous projects
- Great knowledge of the construction industry and Building Restoration Corporation’s operating processes and capabilities in order to foresee future problems and opportunities.
- Ability to tolerate stress
- Phenomenal communication skills both verbal and written
- Legal knowledge of construction processes (permits, regulations ect.)