Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over the past 30 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
The Research Assistant provides research and direction for legal compliance BRC functions. This position will research law, investigate facts, and prepare documents to assist the President, Project Managers, and Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes. Investigates facts and law of case to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly.
- Remains up to date with and manages compliance of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting workplace safety including but not limited to: OSHA, DOT, and all applicable state laws.
- Prepares legal documents such as contracts, closing papers and binders, deeds, and trust instruments for review, approval, and use by the President.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, taking dictation, composing and typing routine correspondence, and reading and routing incoming mail.
- Assists Project Managers with licensure and permit requirements in all states where BRC conducts business.
- Files correspondence and legal documents in office filing system. Ensures proper indexing and filing of original legal documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of law school.
1-2 years related experience or training.
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role)
- Current knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including OSHA and DOT required.
- Extremely detail oriented, highly organized, work well under deadlines, and proficient in follow through.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Works courteously and professionally with all employees, subcontractors, vendors, and customers. Protects and ensures the security and confidentiality of all sensitive information, and handles this information carefully and attentively.