Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over 35 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
The Architectural Sheet Metal Foreman manages sheet metal staff and performs tasks involving thru-wall flashing, fabrication, roof panels, wall panels, etc. They may also operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare sites, scaffolding etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Building Evaluation: Evaluates existing buildings for deterioration and water infiltration problems. Measures, photographs and documents the building conditions. Develops repair plan and work scope. Communicates what is wrong with the building, how it got that way, and why BRC is the company to fix it.
- Bidding: Meets with Project Mangers, Building owners, Architects and Engineers. Attends pre-bid meetings; Calculates quantities and cost pricing for repair projects. Prepares project proposals for presentation to buyers, including but not limited to budget estimates. Required completion of documentation within internal database system.
- Project Oversight: Manages construction process by direct communication with superintendents, foreman, and customers. Schedules employee and subcontractor work crews. Visits the job sites and implements procedures to ensure that the work meets quality standards, safety requirements, and customer expectations, schedule and attend job progress meetings
- Billing and Project Accounting: Prepares invoices and follows up with customers to ensure satisfaction and timely receipt.
- Legal Compliance: Reviews and negotiates contracts and remains vigilant in the accuracy and applicability of contractual agreements. Remains up to date with and manages compliance of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting contracts and workplace safety.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Construct, fabricate, alter, and repair architectural sheet metal components.
- Correctly selects specified type of materials.
- Accurately form and shape materials to prescribed measurements.
- Assembles, cuts, and shapes materials as specified in plans or directed by supervisor.
- Properly fastens materials as specified and applies caulks and sealants.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project scheduling.
- Uses equipment and tools properly and safely to perform basic construction tasks.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Must be comfortable working at heights greater than 5 stories, or 70 feet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required.
7-10 years preferred of experience (labor or management) in the Sheet Metal Fabrication Industry
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role)
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to balance the workload of simultaneous projects
- Great knowledge of the construction industry and Building Restoration Corporation’s operating processes and capabilities in order to foresee future problems and opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written