Equipment Mechanics perform maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental equipment inside the well lit and air conditioned BRC shop. Mechanics will also be responsible for service documentation, demonstration of equipment for customer use, and occasional travel to sites for repairs. BRC currently owns a fleet of over 100 Snorkel lifts (aerial and scissor lifts) and a fleet of Genie, Terex, and Skyjack brand telehandlers and lifts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular maintenance and repair to Snorkel aerial lifts and as other related equipment
- Follow equipment manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of equipment
- Troubleshoot electronic, hydraulic, and engine performance issues
- Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs in a safe, efficient, quality minded manner
- Test and prepare machines for delivery to customers, diagnose issues, and repair all aspects of the machine so it is safe and suitable for rental usage.
- Assist our customers in person and on the phone when they have questions or need service for their rental lifts and equipment.
- Read, understand and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Prepare proper electronic documentation histories of repairs performed on individual machines.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required. Degree from vocational school preferred but not required.
1-3 years related equipment repair experience or supervised training.
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role)
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record. Possession of a Class A CDL highly preferred.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Basic computer aptitude and data entry skills.
- Ability to lift, push, pull 70+ pounds, climb heavy equipment, and bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time. Crawl and lie under equipment and operate hoists.
- Knowledge of gas and diesel engine fundamentals and common repair issues.
- Basic knowledge on how to operate fleet equipment.
- Good working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Ability to work outside for long periods of times sometimes in extreme weather conditions.
- Safety and Compliance knowledge (OSHA/ANSI).