Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over the past 30 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
We are looking for a pleasant Front Desk Representative to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the front desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we as a company make.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on our premises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
· Greet and welcome guests
· Answer questions and address complaints
· Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
· Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them
· Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
· Check, sort and forward emails
· Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
· Keep updated records and files
· Monitor office expenses and costs
· Take up other duties as assigned (travel arrangements, schedules, needs of President and CEO.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma; Additional qualifications will be a plus.
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical office: 1 year (Preferred)
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role):
· Proven experience as front desk representative with great organizational skills
· Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
· Knowledge of office management, basic bookkeeping, problem solving skills
· Proficient in English (oral and written)
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
· Strong communication, people skills and customer service orientation
This Job is Ideal For Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment