Qualified candidates will be able to skillfully and safely perform work scopes required in the specialty trade of building restoration. We are a high performance crew that focuses on commercial projects and historic buildings, primarily off boom lifts, swing swing stages, ladders and scaffolding. BRC Tuckpointers, Stone Masons, Bricklayers, and Caulkers perform tasks involving physical labor in outdoor conditions at construction projects. They may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare sites, erect scaffolding, clean up debris, and remove waste materials.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions:
- Performs a variety of tasks involving manual labor in construction projects.
- Ability to use grinder, cut the mortar out without damaging brick while being exposed to noise and dust.
- Utilize jointing tools in sealing mortar joints to achieve replicating existing conditions.
- Use Scrapers or broom to clean the surface of finished brickwork.
- Dry tooling to seal expanding or contracting joints with caulking materials.
- Conduct inspection of brick structures to determine the needs for repair and safety.
- Knowledge to use power tools properly and safely to perform basic construction tasks. Able to identify
- Conduct repairs on walls, partitions to remove defective blocks and replace.
- Knowledge to apply proper thru-wall flashing.
- Achieves production rate and quality standards as set forth by the industry.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule. Ability to work safely on scaffold and swing stages at various heights.
- Must be comfortable working at heights greater than 5 stories, or 70 feet.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Able to work outside on a job site and able to be exposed to all types of weather.
- Must be experienced with one of the following; Tuckpointer, Stone Mason, Bricklayer, and/or Caulker required. Experience and ability to perform more than one of these tasks will help determine higher rate of pay.
- Experience with two or more strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED certification preferred.
- Consistent attendance is required and have reliable transportation.
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in construction work required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have access to your own masonry/caulking/cement hand tools.
Construction Experience: 2 years