Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over the past 30 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
The General Laborer performs tasks involving strenuous physical labor under sometimes adverse field conditions at construction projects. They may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare sites, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction projects.
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials, as well as material handling and storage.
- Uses equipment and tools properly and safely to perform basic construction tasks.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director, or HR Coordinator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required.
1-2 years work related experience as a foreman preferred
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel required.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions.