Building Restoration Corporation is a locally owned Minnesota based company, with branches throughout the country. BRC performs maintenance and restoration primarily on brick and stone buildings. BRC has earned a reputation over 35 years for thoroughness and quality craftsmanship. We take pride in our ability to restore and repair buildings using quality masons and matching materials that will live up to the original historical quality standards. We are looking for eager, qualified, experienced individuals to grow with our expanding company. Via our apprenticeship program and on the job training, employees have the opportunity to further their career at Building Restoration Corporation.
The Maintenance Shop Mechanic will be asked to perform a variety of functions in support of our internal and external BRC customers. The most important of these functions will be to fulfill field orders by pulling, loading, and delivering needed materials and equipment to our field crews in a timely manner. The Warehouse/Shop Associate will also be responsible for returning unused equipment and material from the job-site to the shop, making sure it is accurately accounted for and returned to inventory. In addition the Warehouse/Shop Associate will be responsible to either perform maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of BRC owned equipment or facilitate repairs by a third party vendor as required for it to be ready for use on site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver field orders in a timely matter keeping our field crews operating at peak efficiency.
- Return all unused equipment and tools to the shop, maintaining and inventorying them as required.
- Maintain proper inventory levels at the shop of equipment, tools, and materials as needed to complete our BRC projects in a timely manner.
- Order, organize delivery and/or pickup materials, tools, and equipment from vendors as required.
- Keep BRC shop and yard areas clean and organized at all times.
- Assist field crews on site as needed and directed by the Branch Manager.
- Perform regular maintenance and repair to a wide variety of BRC owned tools and equipment.
- Follow tool and equipment manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of equipment
- Troubleshoot electronic, hydraulic, and engine performance issues on BRC owned equipment.
- Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs in a safe, efficient, quality minded manner.
- Test and prepare machines for delivery to jobsites, diagnose issues, and repair all aspects of the machine so it is safe and suitable for usage.
- Assist our team members in person and on the phone when they have questions or need service for equipment.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Prepare proper electronic documentation histories of repairs performed on individual machines.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required. Degree from vocational school preferred but not required.
1-3 years related equipment repair experience.
Skills, Competencies and Abilities (to be developed and exercised in this role)
- · Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record, Class A CDL a plus.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Basic computer aptitude and data entry skills.
- Ability to lift, push, pull 70+ pounds, climb heavy equipment, bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time. Crawl and lie under equipment and operate hoists.
- Knowledge of gas and diesel engine fundamentals and common repair issues.
- Basic knowledge on how to operate fleet equipment.
- Basic working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems.